Thursday, December 29, 2011

My favorite Band

Hello!! Today i'm going to talk about my favorite band: Owl City!!



This band isn't very old, they start in the 2007, was created by Adam Young in the basement of his parents, he published his songs in My Space and  quickly were famous, then Universal Republic offered a record deal. Their first album was Maibe I'm Dreaming in 2008.

Their music is influenced by the synthpop and electronic music, and is often described as belonging under the broad "alternative music" label, his biggest influences as Johnathon Ford of Unwed Sailor and Thomas Newman. Adam Young is the singer and writer, but olso he programming and play the keyboards, piano, synthesizers, guitars, bass guitar, drums, percussion, vibraphone, accordion, he is a multi- instrumentalist man!!



His best album was Ocean Eyes (2009), and were famous whith the song "Fireflies"  with wich enter to the #1 of Billboard Hot 100 in USA.
His discography account of 4 discs:
- Of June (2007)
- Maybe I'm Dreaming (2008)
- Ocean Eyes (2009)
- All Things Bright and Beautiful (2011)

Owl City participate in the soundtrack of  "Legend of the Guardians: The Owls Of Ga' Hoole" with the song To The Sky.


I like this band because this rhythm and lyrics are so nice, their talk about fantastic things but at the same time very real. My favorite songs are Fireflies and Vanilla Twiligth. I started to listen to them since their start, and i never left !! Adam said: "These songs are all I have to show for my sleepless nights", so i say: i couldn't live without listening to their songs. I hope someday come to Chile or i could travel to listen some concert of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment